Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How Early Should I Start with Cloth?

I started my baby on cloth at about 2 weeks because I was recovering from a c-section and had to take it easy for a bit. Some of my friends suggested waiting until the baby was 1 month in order to give me a chance to adjust, and give the pee/poo frequency a chance to slow down. I really don't see the reason to wait unless you are having trouble with adjusting, feeling overwhelmed and overly tired, and just need some time... I will say that my baby has been a good sleeper from day one so I was able to get a lot of sleep. I can see for mom's who aren't getting any sleep at night that disposables may be helpful at first, giving them just one more thing not to worry about. It’s true, disposables do not need changed as often. If you start early and find yourself getting overwhelmed give yourself a break from cloth for a week or two. After a quick break you may find you cannot wait to get back to cloth!! Just give it a try. Commit to a couple months, and most of all, have fun with it!! Like everything else in cloth diapering, there are no rules. Do what works for you! Be sure to read my blog on Cloth while Caring for the Umblical Stump.

No comments:

Post a Comment